Full time (35 hours/week)
The Congregation of Notre Dame is a Roman Catholic congregation of sisters and associates called to serve others in the spirit of our foundress, Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys.
Responding to our desire for deeper collaboration and partnership with others, we recognize a new way of living our charism and sharing our mission. Currently, our ministries include prophetic presence to the peripheries, especially with those who are impacted by systems that engender exclusivity and marginalization.
Reporting to the Vocations Committee and Leadership Teams in Canada, the Vocation Animator promotes the Congregation of Notre-Dame, outlining the history, mission and values, present structure and ministries with a view to promoting the life and ministry of the Sisters and inviting others to join with them as Consecrated Religious, Associates, or Volunteers.
- Share our passion, rooted in our history, enlivened in our spirituality and mission, daring to move forward in the Church and the world
- Work collaboratively:
- with the current Canadian CND Vocation Committee in planning, implementing and evaluating vocation initiatives
- with other vocation animators – locally, nationally and internationally
- with other CND committees i.e. Social Justice (JPIC), Associate Relationship
- with CND Communication Services
- with other organizations working in vocation animation i.e. Vocations Canada, National Religious Vocation Conference (NRVC)
- Welcome inquirers and work with them and the committee to help them assess how they can best use their gifts and desires to serve the Church in the CND
- Contribute to the promotion of the CND; accompany discerners; Engage the congregation in new ways
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Roman Catholic with educational background and work experience in relevant fields, for example Religious Studies, Psychology, Theology, Education, Spiritual Accompaniment, Youth Ministry
- Familiarity with contemporary Catholic theology, as it relates to (a) discernment and religious life, (b) integral ecological consciousness, (c) interculturality and intergenerationality
- Good communication skills – written and oral; interpersonal, interviewing and assessment skills; comfort with diverse age groups (particularly youth and young adults) and across multi-cultural/multi-ethnic environments.
- Online networking experience including familiarity with various social media platforms
- Bilingual (French/English) essential – written and oral
- Broad/global perspective on the world;
- At ease with travel, by land and air
- Ability to coordinate projects with others and manage the various aspects related to vocations
If this interests you and you are qualified, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1 2023.